Bi-Di Disc Pigs
Bi-directional Disc Pigs are the mainstay of most pigging operations worldwide
Bi-Di pigs are used for a wide variety of applications, from flood, clean and gauging operations onto dewatering, as well as operational maintenance.
Propipe pig configurations can be modified to run in dual diameter and multi-diameter pipelines as well as through features such as Wyes, Unbarred Tees and Check Valves. Pigs are suitable for safe back-loading into subsea PLRs as well as onshore Pig Launchers. Typically built with four sealing discs and two guiding discs, this can be enhanced to provide greater sealing, increased wear life or even hold back-pressure.
Propipe has a reputation for reliability and expertise and excels in pig design for difficult pipelines. Pigs have been designed and ran in excess of 700km through a 36” dry, uncoated pipeline.
- Metallic parts from Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel (High Tensile Bolts c/w Locking Nuts)
- Pigging Discs – High Grade Polyurethane Elastomer (4 x Sealing Disc and 2 x Guiding Disc minimum)
- Polyurethane Bumper Noses c/w Bypass Slots
- Bore Passing Up to 10% bore restrictions (greater with changes in disc configuration)
- Minimum Bend Radius 3D minimum (1.5D specials available)
- Cleaning Brushes (Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel or Nylon)
- Slotted or Grooved Guide Discs (for diameter changes or wax scraping)
- Dewaxing / Descaling Pads (with plough blades or descaling studs)
- Gauging Plates (Standard or Trident SMART)
- Mounting for Trident EM or Acoustic Pig Tracking Device
- Long Run Support / Guide Discs
- High Seal / High Friction layout
- Jetting / Bypass Nozzles for debris flushing and blockage prevention
- Neodymium Magnet Packs for scale collection or detection