High pressure pipe testing is safer than ever before, thanks to Proplug's EST Group’s GripTight™ high pressure test plug. Unlike other plugs that can loosen and eject under high pressure, even becoming dangerous projectiles, the GripTight™ high pressure test plug actually uses test pressure to grip and seal more securely against the pipe’s inner diameter. The greater the pressure, the greater the grip! The result is a quicker installation, better sealing, and all around safer testing. Operating pressures to 13,900 psi (960 Bar). Sizes from 1/2” to 24” (11.9mm to 596.1mm). Larger sizes 26” through 42” (660.4mm to 1066.8mm) available on request.
- High pressure performance: Have been used for pipe burst tests in a manufacturing environment. Tests at higher pressure with greater safety, typically to 80% of yield
- Eliminates weld caps: No welding or cutting required. Speeds fabrication testing, reducing test times up to 80%
- Engineered seal design: Reduces seal wear for long lasting performance
- Positioning washer: Prevents plug loss in pipe end
- Retaining spring: Ensures retraction of gripper segments. Superior to O-ring design
- Easy to maintain: Replacement seals and grippers readily available and easy to replace
- Super stock: 1/2” to 24” in schedule 40 and 80 (DN25 to DN200) sizes are usually in stock for same or next day shipment
- Optional seals: Flouroelastomer (Viton®* or equivalent), Silicone, EPDM, Neoprene
EST Group’s Bolt Type Medium Pressure Test Plugs are designed for simple, reliable testing of pipe and tubing to 250 psig (17.2 bar), without the tube wall damage associated with other test plugs. That’s because our Bolt Type plugs feature a neoprene seal — the only part of the plug that comes into contact with the tube ID. To use, simply install into the open end of the pipe or tube and tighten the large compression nut to expand the seal element. Then begin testing.
- Heavy duty construction: Plated carbon steel or equivalent coating with neoprene seal elements
- Versatile: Wide range of available sizes. Tube ID range from .280” to 10.50” (7.1 - 266.7 mm). Consult factory for larger sizes or special configurations
- Brass anti-gall washer and thread lubricant: Protects threads and facilitates test plug installation and removal
- Long wearing full disk seals: Extend plug life
- Easy to maintain: Replacement seals readily available
- Available in Super Stock: For same or next day delivery
- Optional construction: 300 Series Stainless Steel. Seals available in silicone or Viton®
Double block and bleed isolation plug
The Double Block and Bleed (DBB) plug revolutionizes isolation and testing of pipe connections. The DBB plug allows an operator to positively isolate and monitor potentially explosive vapors during “hot work”, then effectively hydrotest the new weld connection with one easy to use tool. The aluminum/steel construction makes the tool highly portable, and easy to position. The volume of water required for a test is so small that testing can be accomplished using a hand pump. This greatly facilitates testing in remote areas of the facility.
- Aluminum/Steel Construction - reduces weight
- 1.5:1 Safety Factor
- Reduces NDE
- Uses less than a gallon of water, reducing waste and treatment expense
- Working Pressures to 2,250 PSI (155.2 Bar)
- Monitor isolation zone and upstream pressure
- Sizes 0.75” to 24” NPS, larger sizes available on request
High Lift Flange Weld test plug
The High Lift Flange Weld test plug reduces the cost, downtime delays, and waste water disposal associated with conventional flange testing. The plug lets you monitor conditions upstream of the seal, isolate and purge the weld area, complete the weld, and hydro test to Code requirements¹ with one tool. It isolates just the weld area so there is no need to fill the entire line or vessel. Each test utilizes a minimum amount of water. No line blinds; no vacuum trucks or dehydration services; reduced NDE; and reduced water and environmental waste. Just a simple rock-solid tool that saves time and money every time you use it. A refinery customer reported that the High Lift Flange Weld test plug paid for itself one-quarter of the way through its first use!
- Fast and easy installation and testing
- Faster pipe repairs and retrofits
- Reduces NDE
- Minimal water use, less handling and waste
- Minimum 1.5:1 safety factor
- Center Port for upstream monitoring
High Pressure ID Test Plugs
For pressure testing of all types of pipe material up to 10,000psi. These plugs utilise a self-actuating high performance polymer seal and a set of hardened gripper jaws to hold the plug in position inside the pipe. Sizes start at 1/2" and cover all pipe schedules.
High Pressure OD Test Plugs
This unique design of plug operates in reverse to the ID test plugs by gripping the outer surface of the pipe instead of the inside of the pipe. This feature allows one plug to cover one nominal pipe size. They are rated up to 5,000psi (343 Bar) and operate independantly of the pipe schedule. This can be of particular importance where lined pipes are to be tested which must not be marked internally by any plugging device. Special applications could include coupling through them for chemical cleaning of pipes or pumping a pigging medium through them by taking advantage of the much larger bypass port in comparison to traditional ID plugs.